Every summer I make at least 1 trip up to my cabin in Pinedale, Wyoming and fall in love with it all over again. This year we had a couple visitors so we made the time to show them the view from up-top. I forget how beautiful this remote place is! It's such a difference from Southern California :)
I met Eliza when I was traveling in OZ and this is her 2nd time over since. I wanted to share one of my favorite places with her. The cabin is right at the mouth of the wind rivers and we don't have a TV, any internet access, hardly any cell service and it's a 20 min drive on dirt road into the "city"...she more than embraced this trip!
Before Eliza came up we had some family friends. Here I am sharing the view with Boyd, who is actually Brynn's uncle :)
When we were up there with the Paxtons the chipmunks were loving the attention. They are some pretty bold fellas; they would come up to my toes to make see if they were food or not. Note to self: do not wear bright colored toenail polish! We fed them our last couple peanut M&M's in hopes of distracting them
A trip up to the cabin wouldn't be the same without boating, and I sure did get a lot of this in! My body is so sore from wakeboarding and skiing at least twice a day!
This trip I really began to drive the boat more. I launched the boat and pulled it into our dock slip (I definitely had beginner's luck cuz I nailed it on my first try!) Here I am pulling my dad up on his 1-ski. He gets up fairly easily depending on the driver ;)
He is 63 and still tearing it up! I hope I'm still going strong when I'm his age!!!
And of course I couldn't let him show me up so I got out there for a little bit on the 1-ski also
I'd never not wakeboard though! I did really well this trip and cleared the wake a bunch, but then the last 2 days I sucked it up and just kept stacking it! I felt like I had gotten into a gnarly car accident.
Eliza has never really been on a boat and hasn't even tried wakeboarding but she was a great sport and gave it a shot!
Look at her all smiles even though the water was only 55
Due to some good coaching she not only mastered the art of getting up but started to go outside of the wake!!!! ....we're still working on the getting back inside part though
Dan and his girlfriend Tiffany came up with their dogs. Here are Cody and Duke fighting for the ball. The dogs LOVED the outdoors! Duke loves swimming in the water but Cody hates it so it was funny to watch Duke do all the hard work of actually fetching the toy and then Cody would steal it once he got up to shore. Such teamwork those 2 demonstrated
Here are my parents with Dan and Tiffany about to head out for some more boating. Notice that in all the pictures you never see another boat in the background. It's our own little secret lake!
My mom has a bunch of other pictures on her camera, like the ones of Eliza and I borrowing the cute neighbor boy's ATV's. Yeah I discovered a cute guy next door. It was the perfect cherry on top of an already amazing break from reality :)
2 comments:
i really want to come one time! plus i have to meet mr. beesley
oh I love it. It's gorgeous. Hey where is the pic of lunch? I am waiting to steal it
Post a Comment