Friday, August 21, 2009

Eliza's last day

After 6 Flags, Eliza and I met up with my guy friends from high school to wish Stone good luck at Law School! I feel like all my friends from high school are going places with their lives. I just need to find the motivation to join that bandwagon!
Anyway after a fun day and night, Bobby and Hiro were kind enough to let us crash at their place. This saved us driving time and years on my life because I hate the drive to LA with a passion :) We woke up and headed over to Santa Monica. We found a super cute cafe to eat breakfast at and then enjoyed some shopping! Then we checked out the pier and more roller coasters!
Every time we'd take a touristy picture, I'd always make Eliza ask because it didn't feel so weird with her accent. One lady said we looked like sisters...she was from Vegas and I just think the matching outfits threw her off!
After Santa Monica we headed over to the LA Temple for baptisms. The San Diego Temple is gorgeous but I just have a special place in my heart for this one. I think it's because this is the first temple I was able to go inside.

The temple grounds are beautiful! It felt like a perfect day! (just try not to look off the temple grounds and see the billboards for Hos and Pimps TV show)
After the temple we saw The Time Traveler's Wife and then headed over to Hiro's restaurant where we'd end an amazing holiday together with a fabulous meal! If you ever come to LA please let me know and I'll get you hooked up at Hiro's amazing sushi restaurant!
The entire day ran so smoothly. Everywhere we went we found easy FREE parking. We couldn't have asked for the day to run any smoother!
I'll miss you Eliza but hopefully be over there sooner rather than later!

No comments: