After a long day at Disneyland we packed some breakfast and decided to have a picnic down at the San Diego temple because the baptismal font wasn't working. Rachelle was interviewing for jobs down south so met up with us. It was a nerdy thing to do but it was a ton of fun.
Here is the view from the freeway... breathtaking right
This is one of my favorite temples. It's location is perfectly placed so everyone can see it driving down one of the busiest freeways in Southern California. It's what sparks the conversation for a lot of investigators, "Oh so you go to that temple in San Diego that looks like Cinderella's Castle?"
I love this picture of Eliza! Now we just need to insert a return missionary next to her!
Here's the 3 of us after breakfast. It was a cool experience bringing Rachelle along with us. She said she has always wanted to go but never had a reason...one of these days we'll get her dunked ;)
We decided to keep Rachelle with us as our San Diego tour guide. We drove through Pacific Beach and then stopped at Mission Beach. It's seems like a fun beach city. Very different from Newport or Laguna but somewhere I wouldn't mind living.
We couldn't leave without feeling the water. I'm such a wimp for cold water though! Pinedale has scared me; unless I've got a wakeboard strapped to my feet there is no way I'm getting in
First timer's at the beach ;)
(love it cuz we've all lived next to the beach for years!)
Such a difference from the beginning of Eliza's trip with all boys
2 comments:
Linds, I LOVE your dress - where did you find it!? Also - I'm with you on the cold water. Since living in the Caribbean, I'll never be able to step foot in a California ocean again!
That's so fun you went to the San Diego Temple. It's so gorgeous inside too! I got married in that one.
Post a Comment