
We left Dave, Yolanda and brother in China so that we would be able to spend a day in Hong Kong. They would have come with us but Yolanda doesn't have the right visa so we ventured on our own instead :) I was seriously impressed with us getting through costums and across the borders without anyone that speaks even the slightest bit of Chinese or Kantanese!
Hong Kong is an awesome city!!! I loved it! It feels like China but you can definitely feel the British influence there in their degree of cleanliness! We arrived to our very own whole in the walls! Cheapest hotel I've ever stayed at but I'd never go back even if you paid me! Kellie found short and curlies in her bed....by that point I was too scared to look closely and our room was so small that we could barely fit our luggage inside with us!!! It made for a gHere is Lynn and I in our closets! She is such a saint it even comes out in photos!!! And then I couldn't resist with this photo of Mandy! :) I'm pretty sure she is laughing at how small our rooms are!!!
Once we arrived and got adjusted we went walking through the city! One of my favorite things to do when I'm on holiday over seas is to take their trains! I don't know why but I love doing this! I think it's because we don't have trains where I come from...Trax does NOT count!!! Anyway we played around with that and took a bus ride up to the top of this mountain/viewing area! It was spectacular! Hong Kong at night has some of the coolest lights! It reminded me of Tokoyo! I'd post a picture but my camera was stuffed at this point and Kellie's batteries had died so we used Mandy's new camera she bought in China instead....yea piece of rubbish! We took a "tram" down though. I was expecting a Snowbird kinda tram....very wrong!!!!
The next morning we walked around the city some more and did some good cheap brand name shopping! We wanted to find the temple so we looked online and found the address, it was perfect because it was right near the shopping streets...or so we thought! We must have walked around for over an hour looking for a good angle ontop of a massive building! Everyone kept saying "Oh I know what you're looking for, yea it's about a 5-10min walk and you'll see it on your left hand side!" ...WRONG!!! Before I started swearing up a storm out of frustration I hailed a taxi...another thing I really enjoying doing on holiday. Our taxi cab driver took us on the freeway, not to rip us off but because that's truly how far away it was! Definitely worth the trouble though, it's a beautiful temple, as they all are! It was a Monday so it was closed but we still enjoyed our view! :) This first picture just gives you an idea of how tall this temple really is!

3 comments:
My gosh you are such a world traveler! I think it's so cool how many adventures you are having. Enjoy the last parts of your trip; I'm excited to see you when you come home!!!
looks like fun but not as much fun as you would have hanging out with me sitting on the red couch!
true...but as you're away from the red couches in Arizona, as am I but just a little further :) See ya guys real soon!
Post a Comment