Monday, July 9, 2007

Birthday at Snowbird!

My brother Roger and his wife Kari flew into town for my birthday (my parents came into town a couple days earlier) and the celebrate the 4th of July! It was so much fun to see them and show them around "my neck of the woods". They really wanted to see where I work so the original plan was to go up to Snowbird and hike around, do dinner, activities etc but I woke up with a cold :( So we took it easy and decided to just do dinner.

We rode the zip rider down from the car. I made them pull the brake joke on my mom (they just pretend that the rider has control of the brakes that don't exist). I've never laughed so hard when she came soaring down screaming. My friends could hear her all the way in their office!!!













They really wanted to see my actual job so we of course took the tram up to the peak and walked around. They were amazed with the view and I even took Roger and Kari up on the platform by the carriage part of the tram! Here is Kari climbing up the ladder! Isn't she just to cutest sister-in-law?!?!?!

Here are some more pictures of us enjoying our time at 11,000ft! My dad has this fear of the peak so he went down on the first tram but not before we got a picture with Heber in the background. My mom, Roger Kari and I walked around for a bit. I think we tukered my mom out pretty well!! How crazy does Snowbird look without snow?!?!? It's amazing!
I had an amazing birthday and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all your loving birthday wishes! It's days like these where you truly realize how grateful you are to have such awesome family and friends surrounding you! Thanks everyone!!! P.S. Dan called and wished me happy birthday twice because he got the date wrong...gotta love him, at least he was earlier rather than later!!!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun! Happy Belated Birthday Linds!