I hang out on the peak all the time and I've started taking the view for granted. Going down into Mineral Basin I truthfully thought would be kind of a lame tour, afterall I've taken horse back riding tours beach side in Hawaii and up to waterfalls in Costa Rica! I'm not going to lie but it seriously was one of the prettiest tours I've ever taken! The pictures don't nearly do it justice but I would but them all in the same category; obviously Hawaii and Costa Rica are cooler places than Utah but as for the scenary in the tour it was a 3-way tie!
Monday, July 9, 2007
Perks for working at the Bird
I absolutely LOVE my job!!! I seriously never thought working could be so much fun...if only I would have found this out earlier maybe my dad would be happier with me jk! No but seriously working at Snowbird is taking me NO where in life but it's a great in between kinda job. You meet all sorts of people, guests and employees. Driving the tram I always take the horse back riding guides and ATV guides up to the peak. We see each other almost day so we get to really know them. My buddy Zane is in charge of all the horse back riding tours and said he'd hook me up and unlike most emplyees at the Bird he actually followed through with his word and even put me down in the book for a tour this morning!
I was a total tourist taking pictures...I was the only one with a camera! This was my horse, Cheyenne. He is Zane's favorite and was by far the BEST horse! We even led the end part of the tour because he was behaving the best. I think it had a lot to do with his rider :) I honestly felt like a real cowgirl today! I even wrangled myself a cowboy by the end of it ;)
Zane and I waiting to take the tram back to work....I was over an hour late oops!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I miss Utah. So pretty!
It's fun to see what you have been up to lately! I'm so jealous of your fun summer! Enjoy it while you can cause once you join the actual work force you don't get a summer break!! :( Your sister-in-law is way cute!! When did they get married? Yea for Roger!!!
Fun, fun, fun. Have even more fun in Australia!
Post a Comment