Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Guillotine

I'm throwing a bridal shower for Sarah and of course I wanted EVERYTHING to look spectacular! I had just come back from visiting Lyndsgrove in AZ (I know we suck and didn't take any pictures therefore no blog post) and saw her cute decorations for Claire's bday and wanted to copy them. Kylee came over and helped me make tissue balls to hang from the 'adult playground' outside. Next step was the ladder! Well this is where the guillotine comes into play. Apparently the ladder was smarter than both Kylee and myself so to make a long story short....the extension ladder came down on my finger and trapped it! Ouch!!!! We eventually got my find out (after the longest 37 seconds of my life) but then didn't know what to do! Needless to say we were a little in shock which lead to lots of laughing...some of the people we called thought we had been drinking...definitely not the case, we're special enough on our own! My neighbors looked at it and decided to bandage it up and give me some drugs...thanks!

The shower was the next day and I think it was a success....wouldn't have been able to do it without the percocet ;)

Food...


Drinks...


Sarah wasn't a fan of games so I made a crossword puzzle


Sarah opening her presents!

NOTICE: the tissue balls hanging!!!! A cute boy came to the rescue later in the evening and ever so patiently hung the tissue balls and checked on my finger :)

My poor guillotined finger...I honestly do not know how I didn't break it! I don't have complete feeling in it quite yet but hey, it's only been 9 days


Thanks for all your help Kys! Without you, I'd be thumbless ;)

No comments: