Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Rents are in Town!

Summer is finally here and we all know what that means.....it's cabin time!!!! My parents came into town a little early to help me celebrate my birthday! I decided to make a new tradition and have my birthday dinner up at one of Snowbird's restaurants, the Steak Pit. They have the most unbelievable steak/crab dinner! It wouldn't be a trip up to the Bird without a tram ride though :)

Here are me and the folks with the Twin Peaks in the background. Check out all the snow!


Fred found a toy


Mommy/daughter picture :)


My dad usually has a hard time hanging out on the Hidden Peak but he did really well this time! He even stopped to pose for a picture next to Chip's Run aka the infamous place where he fell once upon a time ago when he skied Snowbird


A couple years ago we did this same thing to celebrate my birthday and I had my parents (and Roger and Kari) experience the zip rider. Well I pulled a prank on my mom and she has yet to forgive me so we tried the Alpine Slide instead!


Unfortunately right before we rode the slide one of the supervisors was talking to us telling my mom how someone had just seriously hurt themselves by going too fast so Laura decides to take ages going down....my dad was able to snap 1 picture of me but 4 of my mom! Gotta love her!


It was a fun day! I can't get over how much I love the mountains!!! I need to remember to enjoy them more and work in them less ;) I'm excited to continue this tradition!!! Oh and anyone is welcome to a free tram ride to get out of the heat in the valley, I welcome visitors!

No comments: