Tuesday, June 1, 2010

New Hotel

My parents decided that it would be cheaper to switch hotels for 1 night than take the Saturday night flight...so we did! The best part about switching hotels was that the Paxtons were at our new hotel :) I grew up thinking the Paxtons were my cousins so to get to hang out with them for 2 days was a ton of fun for me. My mom and Lynette are best friends from high school and our families have become close as a result. They were taking an adult trip to Kauai and left all the grandkids back in Utah.

My mom and Lynette couldn't get over how "cute" we all looked together. We even all coordinated and came to the pool in a white/black color scheme (I hope you know I'm kidding when I say we did it on purpose)



Here I am catching my last few rays of sunshine before we take off to fly home...if you can tell I needed to stay a lot longer to really get some rays on those legs!


Fred and Boyd enjoying their relaxing time away from work


The gang enjoying a Dinner at Dukes...and by dinner I mean hula pie :)


Oh and let's not forget church! The Hawaiian people are soooo nice, they make these leis and have them ready to give to the tourists that come visit and then sing us a song. Talk about feeling welcome!

Nate, Steph, Boyd, Lynette, Misty, Kevin, Jen, Brian, me, Laura, Fred and Kate

Thanks Paxtons for letting us crash your trip! Sorry about my leisure swim! Lynette is notorious for getting worried, and apparently my leisure swim went a bit further than she felt comfortable with and so she went and got her binoculars and some locals to make sure I was ok. Kevin and Brian swam out with their boogie boards to check on me also...such love!!! Mahalo!

Aloha Hawaii!!! I'll miss you!

No comments: