Monday, June 15, 2009

So long Symposium

School has been quite stressful as you all know and the symposium was on the those events that was causing my blood pressure to rise. We had to present a research project to families, friends, directors and the dean of Pepperdine.
I was pretty nervous but now that's it is over and done with, I'm super stoked at how well it went! Some people presented papers aka gave a 10 min speech and then others presented their research on a board....most of the elementary teachers chose the artsy project :)
Here is my board. I researched the benefits behind incorporating picture books into the high school level curriculum. 
My mom came to support me :) My pops was in Utah working on the summerizing the boat but he was there in spirit. I couldn't rationalize asking anyone else to sit through a couple boring research presentation but I was glad to have my mom there. Everyone loved Mama Armstrong!
This is me and my buddy Rachelle. She has been my rock through the program and I couldn't have done it without her! We are sucking up to Dr. Condon (the director of everyone at every campus!) I'm always intimidated by her except for today. It was weird, but in a good way
Alice, Katie and I very stoked the symposium is over! We're showing off Alice's research board about block scheduling at the high school level. She is a fantastic History teacher!
The group + a could masters only students
Very stoked at how well this evening went, not even the dean can intimidate me!

1 comment:

Roger and Kari said...

YEAH!!! You're almost done & then maybe we'll get to see you more. Love you girl, I'm so proud of you for sticking through it all.