Thursday, June 25, 2009

Last Day at Del

Exactly one week ago today, I had my last day of student teaching...EVER!!!
The year flew by so fast! I can't believe I served my time in kindergarten already! I was seriously in culture shock for the first month but then quickly grew to love it!
I'm not sure I could turn around and teach kinders but that doesn't mean I didn't learn heaps from 2 amazing teachers! Here I am with Stephanie and Claudia (my master teach)
The last day in kinder rocks!!!! We had a carnival :)
There was the necklace making, face painting, cookie walks relays (pictured below)
The limbo was my favorite! I could sit here the entire time and be more than thoroughly entertained! These kids are so creative :)












We just finished a unit about sea life and so it was perfect when one of the parents said he could bring in some sea animals for the kids to touch! The absolutely LOVED this station. We thought they'd get bored after 3 min but I think most of them could have spent about an hour here!
We finished our day off with a dance of some sorts that Claudia found at some wedding...yes it was one of those. The kids had a blast listening to the directions and following along. Of course the last and final time we have to do the dance is outside with all the parents, other teachers having their last day activities and principal watching us...I sure know how to go out with a bang
I can't believe I'm this much closer to earning my teaching credential! It's crazy to think I could have my own classroom in just a couple short months! All the politics aside, teaching is truly about the students and no matter what is going on you can't help but fall in love with them each year :) Fingers crossed that the CA budge gives education so more money so I can score a job!

No comments: