The entire reason for the trip was to experience conference in person. I've lived in Utah for 6 years but never managed to get a seat inside...I must be moving up in life! My parents and I attended the first session of Conference on Sat morning (yea it was raining!) It was a great session, maybe because I actually stayed awake for the entire thing or just because it was such a powerful experience to actually be there and among everyone.




It worked out really well that Lyndsgrove happened to be in town for her cousin's wedding. It was fun to see her and hang out with her kids. I also managed to squeeze in a girl's dinner. We might not hang out all the time but whenever we get together it feels like no time has past. I love ya girls! I didn't do so hot at taking pictures but for pictures from dinner with the girls check out Kristi's blog
http://quinnandkristi.blogspot.com/2008/10/friends.html
I did manage to do a little better with pictures when I went for a drive up the canyon. By now you all know my love for the mountains, I can't get over how amazing they are! Dave and I went for a drive up Little Cottonwood Canyon to see the changing colors of the leaves! CA doesn't get season so it's a beautiful site to take in! I didn't step foot at Snowbird (my supervisor said the visibility was terrible so we just stayed in the car and drove up to Alta)
The day before I flew to Utah it was 94 degrees in CA and not a cloud in the sky. It isn't everyone's dream to come to vacation and experience rain/snow but I loved it! I do miss the seasons! I couldn't get over the beautiful array of colors throughout the mountains!
With that being said....you guys should come visit me in CA! I'll take you to the beach :) I miss you all in Utah but it's comforting knowing that you'll still be my friends whether we live in the same state or not! Love ya guys!!!
2 comments:
It was fun to see you! :) Good luck with school...
Ben and I are packing our bags this very second and coming to see you ;)! Okay, maybe not but I hope we can. Gorgeous pictures of you and the mountains with the fall leaves!!! I hope your not as bombarded as Ben with school work! We miss your face and hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment