Thursday, June 12, 2008

Who knows?!?!?!

So the entire reason I ventured down to California a few weeks ago was to take a test to get into school. The test has 3 different subjects and it doesn't need to be passed until December but knowing me I'd need to take it a couple times! I bought a study book like a good student would....sadly mine just collected dust! I honestly didn't open it beyond the title page! (Yeah I'll be returning that tomorrow!)

Anyway when I show up very unprepared and very early to take this unfortunate test I ran into a girl I went to high school with. She was high on her coffee buzz and informs me that this was the 4th time she has taken one of the sections from the test! Yeah I started freakin out about this time! My mom tried to get me to study by telling me this horror story of her friend that had to take it over 10 times...seriously don't you just give up by then?!?!?!?

After being shaken up a little I took the test and walked out with my head a low as it would go! I didn't think I had a shot in hell of passing more than 1 section! They had questions like...Compare and contrast the Inca and Aztec empire back in 530bc in these areas....yeah right like I'm supposed to know that off the top of my head! Well turns out your dearest travel freak didn't read her study book but while I was at the book store purchased a book about Machu Picchu and decided to glance through that instead! I apparently gathered enough information to bs my way through that essay question along with many more to pass ALL 3 sections of the test! I told my mom my story and she says she'll treat me to a trip to walk the Inca trail when I graduate!!!!!!
Here I come Peru!!!!!

2 comments:

Cotter said...

yeah!!! you passed! oh and i want to come on your adventure

Sam, Julie, Tucker & Maizie said...

YAY! Congrats Linds, if it's the same one I took, It's tricky, I totally BSed my way through too...don't ask me how! That's awesome though, so you're going to school in California?? Bummer, but keep me posted and I'm excited to hear about your Peru adventure :)