I came up with this genius idea to hike the peak and pick up my pay check...the best part of my idea was to drag Christina and Linc along with me!!!! She was so excited! I started having reservations about my idea (we are NOT recommending hiking off the peak at this time!) but she was too excited to back out! So we headed up and started our adventure!

I think this was around the time that Christina realized this hike would not be like any other hike she had done before! We climb 2,900 verticle feet in pure slush and if you didn't notice she does have an extra 40lbs on her back! At least she doesn't hate me yet, look at that smile on her face :)

Cute Linc didn't realize how long this hike would be and decided to take a nap!!!! I will tip my hat off to him because he behaved sooooo well!!! We would not have finished if he was fussy or wanting out but he was a true trooper and loved it! (look at that view, it almost makes it worth it!)

About half way we kinda started freakin out! I ran out of water! (Rog and Kari obviously didn't give me very good advice the night before on which size camel pack to buy!) Christina started to really feel the effects of the altitude so we switched!!! I took Linc for a bit....they don't call him LBS for nothing!!!

Shortly after we switched I honestly started thinking to myself, there is no way we are going to finish this hike, what on earth were we thinking even starting it?!?!?! Good thing I brought my phone because maybe I could call one of my friends to ride the tram up and then come get us with a snowmobile because for every 2 steps we would take it was really only one...it was soo slushy!!!!!! I have too much pride though so we kept trecking...just like our ancestors ;)
Here we are in all our victory and glory!!!! Look at Linc's face, he thought we'd never make it but look at Christina's face......she hasn't looked that happy since her wedding day! jk

I love working at the Bird because after the torture of a hike we were able to go rest in the Ski Patrol shack, have a drink, steal some milk for Linc and finally let him use his legs....they didn't work at first! Here is our second, totally excited picture or our accomplishment and me out of my smelly shirt!

Thanks to Blanche and Linc for being such good sports about the "fun" aka torture I put them through! The view is always breath taking during this hike which makes me forget about the pain so I always want to do it again....it might take me a little longer to forget about it this time though!
1 comment:
You guys are hardcore! I can't believe you! What a cool accomplishment by yourselves, not to mention toting Lincoln, too!
Post a Comment