Friday, April 11, 2008

Makes you think...

So not too long ago and just a couple blogs ago, I filled you guys in with a pretty good ski accident I had. Looking back on that day I really do believe I was being well watched over! My mom called me the next day and demanded that I be more careful. Apparently that weekend she had the impression to put me on the temple prayer list (what!?!?!?!?). Yesterday we had a ski patroler/friend skiing one of his favorite runs and he accidently hit a tree and needed to be life flighted out. He is suffering extensive injuries such as a skull fracture and internal bleeding. Everyone was a wreck after he was flown to the hospital, which had they not taken the helicopter he would not have lived!

It's amazing to think the tolls we put our bodies through! He is my second friend in the hospital after a skiing accident and they are both much better skiers than I am! I was definitely being watched over the day of my tumble and I'm truly grateful for it! Yesterday's unfortunate event has really humbled me and I just wanted to let everyone know how much I truly love them and I feel blessed to have all of you guys in my lives being the examples you are to me! (sappy I know but just go with it!)

1 comment:

Barb said...

I'm glad you ended up okay! I hope your friend recovers fully and quickly. How amazing to be able to see that blessing- so often we don't even realize how blessed we are!