Sunday, April 20, 2008

Dummy Downhill

Every year in the spring time at Snowbird we like to put on the Dummy Downhill! They set up a jump in Gad Valley and all the different departments create a "dummy" and we send it off the jump! They have free pizza and drinks and we all go out to support!

This year I didn't think I would make it up because I wasn't working that day but as the day went on I surprisingly ventured up there to drop Emma off to work. As you can tell I was not dressed for the occasion! It was 85 down in the valley so flip flops worked perfectly...until I found myself trying to walk on the snow! Here is Ken T and I enjoying a good crash! Here is the ticket office with their dummy. Their's was one of the only ones that actually made it off the jump! It was so warm up there that day that the snow was complete slush and made it difficult for the dummies to stay on path to make it off the jump!
Here is my favorite...it's the Tram Shop's so I'm not bias or anything! We named it Bob's Wild Ride! It has completely nothing to do with the owner of Snowbird falling earlier this season while he was hiking and then needed to be Life Flighted to the hospital! It didn't make it off the jump but it did win for most creative ;)

Overall the dummy downhill is so much fun and definitely a day to look forward to at the Bird!

No comments: