Sunday, April 20, 2008

Half Marathon!!!

So some of you might know that I decided to run the Salt Lake City Half Marathon. It was all Snelgrove's idea and she completely forced me into it! (not really but I do like to blame my pain on her!) Anyway I then conned Emma from work into running it with me! My goal was to never stop and walk and to make it under 2.5hrs....without hardly any training (the furthest I ran was just under 7miles) I completed both of my goals! Looks like I don't have to run next year!!!!

Here is Emma and I stretching before I ride came to get us! The stretching was more for a picture than actually the point of stretching!

Now I don't have all the photos from the event but we did manage to take one via cell phone at the finish line so sorry but this is all I have for now! It was super windy that day, which turned out to be a good thing since the wind was at our backs for the majority of the run! I have a super bad knee which started hurting after 5 min of "running". Emma stuck with me the whole time and once I wanted to die at mile 11 she pushed me to the finish line to accomplish both of my goals! I couldn't have done it without her! Thanks Emma!!!!!
I don't have the pictures but I did also run with Snelgrove, Cameron and his family. We pretty much only saw Cameron's family at the start and finish line...they might live at sea level but they definitely kicked out butts! Lynds and Cam were just behind us...we gave up listening to people compliment them on their super cool 'Office' t-shirts! I can't believe we all finished...and we're all walking today! We might walk a little funny but I ran double the distance I've ever run before! I'm not one of those people that now has the bug to continue on the better my time...I'm one of those people that is in disbelief she finished and can now check that off of my "to-do list"!!! Yea me!!!!!

4 comments:

Bart and Michelle said...

I decided to finally make a comment! :) It was fun to see you the other night. I'm still SO impressed that you guys did the half marathon! What an accomplishment! :)

Sam, Julie, Tucker & Maizie said...

Linds! Congratulations!! Oh man, that is awesome. I wish I was a better runner. I'm proud of you! Dude, I've been thinking about you! We got some new blogger template and it erased our friends and fam list, so I didn't have all the links I had before. But I knew I had gotten a comment from you, so I went back to the beginning of our blog, and FOUND YOURS!! yay! I'm adding you to our list again..phew. I hope everything's going well. congrats again, what an accomplishment!

Sam, Julie, Tucker & Maizie said...

Linds, haha, I just looked at more of your blog! Kent and I were way tight back during my snowbird days. That's funny you guys are friends. That's awesome you're still working at snowbird too...I said I'd work there for one season, but it totally it hard to quit huh? It's the best job EVER! oh man, funny Linds, I can't believe you're friends with my old buddies. hehe, looks fun, I loved the downhill dummy. Pure entertainment!

Sam, Julie, Tucker & Maizie said...

Hi Linds! I wish I could meet up with you for lunch, but we live in Nevada, so it'd be a long commute for lunch! (Not that you're not worth it because you are!) But I'll let you know when we're coming into town next, because I'd LOVE to see you!! That's great you're going back to school. You'll be an awesome teacher, I loved teaching with you back in mary's class. You should do Trish's cohort, I did it last year, and it's actually really fun, you'll meet lots of good friends in the group, we all got really close. It's a good idea to get your masters, I didn't and I already decided that when I start teaching, I have to get it. I should've emailed you..sorry this is SOOOOOO long! Have fun! Thanks for commenting on our blog. It was fun to hear from you! xoxo Love Julie