Saturday, September 25, 2010

Miss Armstrong :)

I love making plans because whenever I do, they ALWAYS change! I had plans to move back to California in August when I decided to take a long-term sub position in Murray with a half day kindergarten class. I thought it would be great experience to start off with my own students, not to mention kindergartners that have never been in school before.
I started with the students, so the only teacher they knew was me...
Miss Armstrong :)


It's been awhile since I've been in the classroom and I LOVED every second of it! I set up the classroom...

created bulletin boards...

and prepared all my own lesson plans - here we are being scientists, exploring the insides of apples :)


Sadly my time with these students is over :( I leave being sadder than I expected but thankfully I know I'm leaving them in good hands. It's been a short while but they've all matured so much and I know their teacher will be just as impressed as I am with their growth! Here I am with my class on my last day, such a bitter sweet moment!


Every second I spend in a classroom, I feel I grow as an educator so....if you hear of any full time teaching positions please let me know! I'm always looking, even when I'm on the slopes :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

I bet those kiddie are going to miss you so much!!

Bethany said...

Come move to Indiana! I would love for Jack to have you as a teacher in a couple years! I know you'd be the best kindergarten teacher, I'm jealous of those kids. :)