Sunday, May 3, 2009

Teaching Kindergarten!!!

So for the last 2 weeks my master teacher has been in Russia adopting a 12 year old girl, crazy I know! It's been a cool experience for her (obviously) but for me also because I've been able to sub for MY class!!! It's a weird concept but I was actually getting paid for what I am required to do anyway.
I was able to have the class ALL to myself for 2 whole weeks! I did all the prep work and planing for everything! I teach the majority of the day but it's the small stuff that I didn't realize that took forever, hence not making it to Disneyland until 5! I luckily have been on spring break from Pepperdine for the last 2 weeks as well meaning, I could stay late after teaching to prep and plan instead of running off to class like I usually do.
I'm excited to have her back tomorrow and meet her daughter but I'll miss having total freedom of my class. Here is the sign all the students plus my bilingual aid plus my cross aged tutor plus my principal and plus myself signed :)
Here I am with my class! We had a blast!!! We kinda strayed away from the worksheets she left me with but I think we had more fun :) I can't wait to have my very own classroom...cross your fingers that I'll be able to find a job in this economy and not have to drive trams again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Linds! HAHA, who would have that this day would come when were sitting in the back of Nola's class..... ughhhhhh!!! I bet the kids love you!

Julie said...

hey! That's so cool Linds! I bet you did such a good job :) I loved taking over my classes that I student taught at the end of the year. It's so much better to not have someone plan your lessons and to have someone watching and grading you all the time. You're going to be an awesome teacher next year! I'm excited for you!

Ella Rose Floral said...

You know you want to come back to the cold and snow! Hey thanks for the divinity, you me to well. And not to take you away from your real family, there are schools here to not just Trams. Love ya