Let's go for a hike
Up to the highest peak
...oh wait! Not if my tire has anything to say about it!!!
My brother Dan and his girlfriend get Kari (my favorite sister-in-law) to go hiking a couple Saturdays ago. I'm on my way to pick up Kari and my light goes on...of course I think nothing of it and continue to drive. It's a good thing I needed gas because once she started to blow, my tire was literally flat 2 minutes later! I have no idea how to change a tire! However, I thought it would be entertaining to try :) In the meantime Kari called AAA
Here I am attempting to take the lug nuts off. I have no idea what they're called, if that's how you spell it or anything! I know NOTHING about cars! This is apparently the hardest part but I'd like to think I did ok
AAA shows up right in the middle of me trying to get the lug nuts off...he told me not to strain myself haha He pretty much takes over and finishes my tire in 5 minutes flat! Check out the size of his jack compared to mine! No wonder he is so fast! Well that and I'm sure he does it about 15 times a day!
Here I am excited to have my doughnut on my car so I can drive to Vergil aka my tire guy! That's right, he knows me by name because I was in there less than 2 months ago with another flat tire!
I was just glad that this didn't happen in the middle of my drive back from Utah on the icy roads with no cell service! Hopefully I find my way off my lazy butt and back onto the path of "hiking". Apparently people train to hike this mountain but after hiking to Hidden Peak I feel like I can do anything!
No comments:
Post a Comment