Monday, January 7, 2008

Snowbird...it's good to be back :)

I came back from Australia really needing to start earning an income again, so to those of you that have figured out I'm back but I haven't called you PLEASE don't take it personally! I pretty much live at work, like literally I have a bed and everything! Here is me and Emma! Everyone refers to us as the 'A Team'! We were going over incabin-evacuation but took some time out to take a silly photo. Afterall work at Snowbird isn't really working :)

Work at Snowbird is anything but dull this season. Last season I just checked tickets and that got pretty boring after awhile so now that I operate the tram it keeps me on my toes much more! We've had a couple gnarly storms. There was so much snow that we were "inter-lodged" the other day for about 3 hours before we could even leave the building! It was insane!!!










These storms don't just come in on their own! They come in with some pretty intense winds! When it's windy it makes driving the tram rather difficult past the towers! I was on my way down (which is always the hardest) and I had winds gusting up to 47mph straight towards me. I was waiting for them to die down so I could "safely" get past the tower. Well that didn't really happen because as I was waiting my front window popped out!!!! I kinda freaked out and my boss was on the com-line laughing at me because apparently the tram was swaying about 15ft, so I redocked and about 3.5hrs later was able to get down the mountain! When it gets that windy they make a tram operator sleep in the ski patrol hut so we can drive the tram past a tower in the morning...this is me hanging out watching TV on my "peak night". It's actually a lot of fun! I was dancing in my spandex and waving to the cat drivers when they'd pass. Apparently it doesn't take a lot to entertain me!

No comments: