Monday, January 7, 2008

California meets Utah!

I'm not usually the biggest fan of New Year's Eve because I find it just an excuse for people to get waisted and since I don't participate in that behavior I usually play games with the family. Being in Utah made that a bit difficult but I had one of my best New Year's to date! I went up to Snowbird for the torch light service. Waiting to go up the hill we took a group photo. It's Emma, Chin (a regular on the tram), Laurie, Max, me and Melony. We all complain about working at Snowbird but we just can't get enough of the place!

This is Brian from Ski Patrol making sure we all got our flares safely. He is just so cute I could eat him :) He took a photo of Laurie, Emma and I with the pretty sunset in the background. Once we got up the hill we played around with our flares before lighting them!
Here is Emma, Laurie and I with our flares lit and ready!!!! Everyone rides the lift up to this black diamond run and skies down the hill with 2 flares on each end of their stick totally waisted! I don't know how no one gets injured!!!! It's definitely a sight to be seen and I'm stoked I finally made it to one of these spectacular events!!!!!
After the torch light we watched a firework presentation (I LOVE fireworks!!!!) Then I made some new friends!!! This is my new friend Tim. He is from Australia. I find it entertaining that while I was there I never kissed anyone (I made a promise to be good) but within a month of being back I manage to no longer be good. That is his friend Will. This was pretty much my New Year's. I was ready for it to be over by 9pm but lasted until 11 and toasted it in with my Sparkling Cider!

No comments: