I was back in Utah hanging out with Emma and Duddy and stayed at Snowbird helping out with the tram because there have been a lot of injuries with their crew so to say they are short staffed would be an understatement. During my "guest appearance" one of the Chief Tram Ops put in her 2 week notice. I knew it was only a matter of time before they started to look my direction...after a lot of discussion and thoughtful prayer I decided to accept the position of Chief Tram Op and move back until Summer came. I'm back on my old crew with my old boss Duck. He is injured right now so can't technically be chief but in my eyes he is the 'Alpha Chief' and I'm just a regular tram op just getting paid more :)
Here are a couple pictures I've taken since being back:
I thought I'd seen enough sunrises in Australia to last me a lifetime but apparently not :) Since I get to work before the crack of dawn, I try to time my trips right so I can catch the sun rising over Mineral Basin. It somehow makes everything worth it!
I love how I didn't like subbing because they'd call me at 5:30 in the morning to teach but when my boss at Snowbird calls me at 4:18 in the morning telling me it's snowed more than they expected and they need a 5am tram trip I'm more than happy to come running...maybe it's because I think it's fun to carry bombs down on the tram with me!
So the moral of this post is: if you're around in Utah, we should be friends again!!!
4 comments:
Armstrong!
Good to hear that you are back, now we can get together for lunch...are you pretty busy? Give Ash a call and we can set something up, plus you need to meet our little guys!
Welcome back! We'll have to set up a lunch date sometime--I'd love to see you! :)
Fun that you're back in UT and back at the tram! Wish I was there to see you!!
and why have we not seen each other yet??!!!!!
Post a Comment