Yes this is a map of Australia and yes I will be traveling here!!!! I'm seriously so excited! I've talked about wanting to go for a couple years now and I finally booked my ticket, which by the way took a huge chunk out of my account but it will all be worth it! I'm heading over on July 18th and coming back November 1st!!!!! Yes, I'll be gone for 3 months and I couldn't have a bigger smile on my face! I'm stopping in New Zealand for 10 on my way over to ski and snowboard with some friends from work...another perk in working at Snowbird, half the employees are from NZ or Australia!If you have any traveling tips or words of advice let me know. I've never traveled this long by myself. Oh which reminds me....if anyone wants to come over for a week or longer let me know and we'll chill. I have tons of free accomodations that you're welcome to!
YEAH FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7 comments:
Wow Lindz!!! I'm so impressed. That will be such an adventure!! Are you going to work over there or just play the whole time?
Sounds like so much fun! Make sure to take tons of pictures and post while you're gone!
YEAH FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How fun! Thanks for posting on my blog- now you're included on my ever growing Google Reader list of blogs! Love it! You're going to have so much fun in Australia!
Where is this strange place you call A-U-S-T-R-A-L-I-A :)
By the time you leave buddy you'll be calling it STRAYA!!!
Never, ever, watch "Wolf Creek" or read about Americans hitchhiking through the Australian Outback. Never. But, to answer your question, most of your life I have been at one of the following places:
1. 869 South 2000 East, SLC, UT 84108--that's my home for those of you who aren't intimately acquainted with her. She's the light yellow one with the AMAZING garden in the front. Sadly, I don't think I've inherited Boyd's Green thumb.
2. Sao Paulo, Brazil. Either in the bairros of Casa Verde, while I was in the CTM as a missionary, or in Americanopolis, where I am living currently. Either way, Sao Paulo is a B I G city. BIG.
3. Manaus, Brazil. Center of the Amazon, most blessed place on earth, where my heart would be buried if that were a cultural thing among my people. Unfortunately, Norwegians either burned their dead on floating funeral pyres in the middle of half-frozen fjords, or took their elderly out into the woods and set them free. Either way, that would be kind of cool, wouldn't it?
4. Chimaltenango, Guatemala. Small town, but big enough to have a Domino's Pizza and a KFC. My how Americanized the world is becoming. ;(. Thankfully the Mayan culture is still intact, including their tendancy to pick-pockets... (That was part of their religious beliefs, right...?)
5. Crystal Ave. (Scotty J.'s house). IT was a party house. We used to play a lot of Guitar Hero and drink Root Beer and make fun of Tom Bunnell. Those were some sweet times. Then Jake and Scott got married. The sweet times ended then.
6. Provo, UT. Suckville, USA. :) (Kidding, kind of)
7. J. Reuben Clark Law School. Where I actually spend(t) most of my time in Provo. Law is a cruel mistress, jealous of anything else I might be participating in...but hopefully this year I can break away from her grip and start the post-break-up rebound. All I need is a lovely young woman who has no problem with taking advantage of a sensitive, caring, dead-sexy young man. Any takers? (since you and I are the only singles on this thing, Armstrong, it might be just us... and that's just fine with me.)
ANYWAY--HAVE SO MUCH FUN in AUSTRALIA. I DON'T THINK I'LL BE AROUND TO SAY GOODBYE... SO HERE'S A VICARIOIUS HUG IN CASE I DON'T. HUG.
lucky dawg!
Post a Comment