Saturday, March 21, 2009

Tennis Season!

By now you all know my life has completely changed from the last couple years. I used to be an irresponsible ski bum with a dash of traveler in there, and now I'm no life, way to responsible student/teacher! This change has been rather difficult but there are a couple things I can' t live without...tennis tournament being one of them :)

Here I am with Roger and Kari (his better half) watching tennis in the nice warm weather! It's about 80 degrees, so not scorching but still enjoyable. I drove out right after I was done teaching and spent ALL day Saturday watching tennis! I was there for over 12 hours and loved every second of it!
Friday night I was able to watch some good night matches. I watched the Gonzalez/Hewitt match which was hilarious! I'm not sure which was more entertaining, the competition on the court or in the stands between the fans! Sadly Hewitt lost again...sorry Duddy you guys just weren't able to represent this year!
And here is my favorite player...Jo-Willie Tsonga! I love my dad and the amazing tickets he gets because I was able to watch him 3 rows back! He is gorgeous! I don't know many people able to make that bright of a yellow look that good! However his one downfall is that he is French!
Redge gets mad at me because he says I never cheer on the Americans. I can't help it though! The foreigners are just so much  more attractive...um....I mean entertaining to watch ;)
Below is a picture of my second favorite player, Gasquet...I means seriously! You look at that butt shot and tell me tennis isn't a fabulous sport! Last year Tsonga and Gasquet played doubles together!
On top of some awesome tennis and brain time away from school it was good to spend some time with the family! It doesn't hurt that my parents get a big enough hotel room for all the kids to come and go as they please...thanks guys!
Here is Roger and I after breakfast on Sunday morning on our back porch of our room. 
...now it's back to studying :(

2 comments:

Cotter said...

jealous!!! did you buy a hat while you were there?

Z said...

hahaha yeah and it should be arriving at your house this week ;)