Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Visitors!!!!! :)

This summer I did a lot of visiting other places and people and since my bank account no longer permits this I feel like everyone has been very obliging and come to me!!! :) First I had my sister and her family, then my brother and his wife, then my parents, Blanche cameup from the valley (that counts!), Duddy came all the way over from OZ and Anna and her bf came up for her birthday! I've been bad about my blogging but better late than never right????

My parents came out last year and skied 1 day (which included 3 runs) at Snowbird. My dad wasn't the biggest fan and now claims he is "too old" for the Snowbird terrian...I don't say anything and just go to Deer Valley with them, after all they do pay for me :)

Here are my parents right before my mom's favorite (any quite possibly world's shortest) ski run Blue Bell...love ya mom!
Gotta love those blue bird powder days spent on the groomers...but hey it's about the quality time together!!!

Next we had Blanche (Snelgrove's sister-in-law) and her friend Tina that came up from the valley. Blanche said she skied all through high school so I just assumed she wouldn't need a warm up run and took her down a double black diamond (most difficult run on the mountain)...let's just say after 2 min I was glad there was powder for her to fall into :)

After that nice run we took a breather up on the peak :) Never a dull moment with Blanche!!!

Then came the Aussie!!! She came over for a couple weeks...we tried to steal her and keep her but we failed! We did get some good snowboarding in and of course sushi!!!



We had a tradition last year of going out to dinner every Wednesday and in doing so we found a really cool sushi place...they make a "Lindsey roll" (no joke it's on their menu but no worries it's named after Smoot!) but anyway it wouldn't be a trip without visiting our stomping grounds with Emma and Marryanne!Finally I had my best friend since 4th grade come up with her boyfriend to visit and board for her birthday! Unfortunately she wasn't the biggest fan of the snow falling while she was trying to snowboard...she prefers the CA snow. Lame I know but it's true! We were even more lame and only snagged one photo!

No comments: