Monday, April 30, 2007

I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!









Ok so I'm still working out a few glitches with me posting pictures but I feel like I reached a huge mile stone today! Here are a couple pictures of me and my foreigner friends from Snowbird hiking an insanely difficult hike. We start at about 6:30am at approx 8,000ft and finish 2 hours later at 11,000ft. It seriously kicks your butt because 1)it's so freakin early! 2) that's a huge vertical climb for someone as out of shape as myself :) and 3) it's COLD!!! the higher you get the colder it gets even with the sun rising but the view and the satisfaction at the end makes everything worth it. I've done this hike twice now and the first time we did it there were a bunch of people that new we were planning on it and this cute grandpa like man that works for guest services was waiting at the top of the peak, all smiles cheering us on. Behind him came Emma one of the patrol dogs barking her head off....it was the warmest welcome I've ever had.
Oh and fyi the girl with the green beenie is named Sarah and she lived with me for the past 2 months and I'm traveling Australia with her!

5 comments:

Cotter said...

YOU DID IT!!!!

Brynn and Jesse said...

What a life! It sounds like you are doing so many fun things! Do it while you can cause once you get married the fun stops! Ha Ha J/K

Lindsey and Tommy said...

Crazy hike Linds... Nice job! I would have been huffin and puffin the whole way.

Anonymous said...

Way to go LA!

Steve and Liz Evans said...

Congrats Linds! What an accomplishment!